Vacancy: National University of Singapore
Vacancy: Asia Research Institute, National University of Singapore
Deadline: 14 August 2015
All positions are intended for outstanding active researchers from around the world, to work on an important piece of Asia-related research in the social sciences and humanities.
Applicants should only apply for ONE of the five types of positions (i.e. Senior Research Fellow, Research Fellow, Postdoctoral Fellow, Visiting Senior Research Fellow or Visiting Senior Research Fellow Sabbatical). Apart from the quality of research, positions will be awarded on the basis of the relationship of the research topic to ARI’s specific cluster of research as listed in Research Clusters and Their Focus.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to choose only ONE research cluster. However, in cases where there may be overlapping research interest, applicants can select up to a maximum of 2 clusters only, with a clear indication of 1st and 2nd ranking in the tick boxes.
During their term at ARI, Fellows are expected to submit a working paper (Max of 10,000 words) to the ARI Working Paper Series. Candidates are also required to deliver research seminar(s) to the staff and to acknowledge ARI’s contribution for research in their publications.
Interested applicants are invited to email their applications, consisting of:
1. A completed application form. Please ensure you complete all sections of the form and submitted it to us in MS Word (or equivalent) editable formats only. If a section is not applicable to your application, please enter ‘NA’.
2. Curriculum Vitae;
3. Synopsis of the proposed research project (minimum of 2 and maximum of 10 single-lined pages)
4. At least one short sample of published work, preferably in English.
5. It is primarily your responsibility to ensure that a minimum of two letters of reference are sent to us in confidence via email reporting on the applicant’s academic standing and on the applicant’s research project by 14 August 2015.
6. Please advise your referees that reference letters should clearly state your name, position and cluster applied for.
7. Closing date for applications is 14 August 2015. You may wish to check with your referees that they have submitted their references before the closing date.
For more details, please click HERE.